The Housing Authority of Kansas City, Missouri (HAKC) is seeking a dynamic professional for the position of Development Specialist. This position supports the Planning and Development Department in:
- The development and preservation of affordable housing
- Creating positive and supportive living environments for residents
- Supervision of project partners and professionals including architects and attorneys
- Securing housing financing in the form of grants, rent subsidies, tax credits, equity, and conventional loans
- Effective communications with HAKC residents, partner agencies and community groups.
Qualified applicants will have a master's degree in urban planning, public administration, business or a related field plus at least three years of real estate finance, development, property management or related housing or community development experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Strong speaking and writing skills are essential. Demonstrated project management, team leadership, and business skills are also critical. The successful candidate must be able to exercise sound independent professional judgement and be comfortable in multi-cultural settings.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to:
Director of Administrative Services
Housing Authority of Kansas City, Missouri
Kansas City, Missouri 64111
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED