Maintenance Mechanic I and II
Our Maintenance I and Maintenance II Mechanics inspect and diagnose problems in apartment complexes and houses, then decide on the best method to correct them. Primarily responsible for maintenance make ready and work orders on apartments and houses. Typical work orders include general contract work on walls, floors, doors, windows, unclogging drains, troubleshooting and fixing electrical switches.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to operate power tools such as electric drills, saws, and electronic testing devices
- Knowledge of troubleshooting air conditioning systems (HVAC)
- Basic understanding and mechanical aspects of appliance repair and competency in electricity, refrigeration, plumbing, carpentry, and irrigation systems
- Available to work in an "on call" capacity as related to our 24-hour routine maintenance guarantee
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals, blueprints, and order parts
Individuals must have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1-3 years of prior maintenance experience required (Preferably in apartment maintenance)
- Valid driver's license and use of their own personal insurable vehicle are required
- HVAC Certification required and EPA certification preferred (Applies to Maintenance Mechanic II)
Maintenance I: $15.41/hr.
Maintenance II: $19.27/hr.
Housing Authority of Kansas City, Missouri, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a drug and alcohol-free work environment.
Position Open Until Filled