1099 MISC forms for Property Owners
HAKC distributes the 1099 MISC tax form electronically through Partner Portal (https://kansascity.partnerinhousing.com). Forms are made available in January for the previous year. We correct errors before the data is submitted to the IRS at the end of March. Please:
- Create your Partner Portal account if you don't already have one.
- In Partner Portal, look for the 'My 1099's' heading on the left side of the page.
- If you have previous 1099's, please view and download one so that you will be ready when the new forms are issued. We would like to answer questions early.
- There is a checkbox concerning Electronic 1099's. Thank you for agreeing to electronic 1099's to reduce HAKC's production and mailing costs. Electronic 1099's are available in the Portal regardless of the checkbox.
- When the new form is available, please review it before March 20th. If there are errors, please contact the HCV Department or email@example.com.
- If your payments are directed to a Property Manager, your 1099 MISC will come from the Property Manager, not from HAKC. This is per IRS regulation.
- Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.